Saturday, May 30 – Saturday June 6, 2020
- Week-long point-to-point tour from Chenonceau to Angers generally along “La Loire a Velo”, a cycleway crossing the middle of France. About a fifth of the ride detours off to visit Chinon, Fontevraud Abbey and other interesting spots.
- Hour and a half train ride southwest of Paris.
- Contains the largest concentration of Chateau (beautiful manor house/castles), in the world.
- Gardens, historic cities, cathedrals, cave houses, wineries, vineyards, and French cuisine.
- Pastoral, relaxing scenery, generally flat.
- Short mileage allows enough time to visit wonderful sights along route each day.
- 6 days of riding and 1 off-day, between 20 and 34 miles/day. 2 nights in Tours, 1 night in Langeais, 2 nights in Chinon, 2 nights in Saumur.
- Day 0 – Meet in Tours, visit Cathedral, stay night.
- Day 1 – Take short train ride to Blere, ride to Chateaux de Chenonceaux, then back to Tours, 28 miles.
- Day 2 – Tours to Langeais via world-renown gardens at Villandry, 20 miles.
- Day 3- Langeais to Royal City of Chinon via Chateau Rigny-Usse, the “Sleeping Beauty” Castle, 20 miles. Visit Fortress of Chinon.
- Day 4 – Rest Day in Chinon, visit Domaine de Couly-Dutheil Winery and Vineyard.
- Day 5 – Chinon to Saumur via beautiful hillside village of Cande-St. Martin, 24 miles.
- Day 6 – Day ride to Fentevraud-Abbaye, burial place of Richard the Lionheart and Eleanor of Aquitane, and underground fortress Chateau de Breze, 25 miles.
- Day 7 – Saumur to Angers with hand-operated ferry crossing of L’Authion river, 34 miles.
- Level of Difficulty – Generally easy, day 6 and 7 a little more challenging due to some hills.
2020 Inaugural Tour Price
$1400/person double occupancy.
Extra $325 for single occupancy, $150 for E-Bike.
Further details coming soon!