Country Lanes Cycle Tours (“CLCT”) accepts bookings subject to the following conditions:
- The contract is between CLCT and the client, being any person travelling or intending to travel on a tour operated by CLCT. The contract, including all matters arising from it, is subject to the laws of the State of Alabama. A booking is accepted and becomes definite only from the date when CLCT sends a confirmation. It is at this point that a contract between CLCT and the client comes into existence. Before your booking is confirmed and comes into existence CLCT reserves the right to increase or decrease brochure prices. CLCT or its agents reserve the right to decline any booking at its discretion.
- To secure a booking CLCT or its agent requires a completed booking form and a deposit of 30% of the base fee. (Full payment if travel within 30 days). The first named client must be over 18 years of age. Clients booking by telephone, by website/E-mail or fax will be deemed to have signed the booking form and read and accepted our terms of booking. The person signing, or being deemed to sign, the booking form warrants that he/she has full authority to do so on behalf of all persons whose names appear thereon, and confirms that all such persons are fully aware of and accept these conditions.
- The balance of all monies due, including any surcharges applicable at the time, must be paid to CLCT or its agents not later 90 days before the beginning of the tour, or in its entirety if booking is made later than 90 days before the tour. In the case of non-payment of the balance by the due date CLCT reserves the right to cancel your booking and cancellation charges will apply. If any check is rejected we reserve the right to charge $25 to cover administration costs.
- Sometimes cancellation is unavoidable, so we highly recommend you purchase trip insurance from a private carrier; most of these require purchase within 30 days of booking. If you do cancel, we will do our utmost to find replacements for your spot and if successful will refund 100% your total payment. If we do not find replacements, the refund and credit schedule is as follows:
Cancellation by: % Refund of Total Amount due Credit for Future Tours
60 days before tour 80% 10%
30 days before tour 50% 25%
15 days before tour 30% 40%
- Clients are responsible for arranging, and must be in possession of, a valid passport and any visas and vaccination certificates required for the whole of its journey. Information about these matters or related items (climate, clothing, baggage, personal items etc.) is given in good faith but without responsibility on the part of CLCT.
- Should the client have a reason to complain, you must immediately notify us. If the client’s complaint is not dealt with satisfactorily at the time, they must write to us with full details of the complaint within 28 days of the end of the tour. Failure to notify complaints entirely within accordance of this clause will diminish or extinguish the client’s ability to claim compensation.
- CLCT provides all services on a “ground only” basis. The client is responsible for arranging its own travel to the designated start points of each tour. CLCT cannot accept any liability for any delay/cancellation in your transportation and cannot offer any refunds for lost holiday time.
- Clients agree to accept the authority and decisions of CLCT’s employees, tour leaders and agents while on the tour with CLCT. If in the opinion of such persons the health, level of fitness or conduct of a client at any time before or after departure appears likely to endanger the safe, comfortable or happy progress of a tour the client may be excluded from all or part of the tour without refund or recompense. In the case of ill health CLCT may make such arrangements as it sees fit and recover the costs thereof from the client. If a client commits an illegal act the client may be excluded from the tour and CLCT shall cease to have responsibility to/for them. If you are affected by a condition, medical or otherwise, that might affect you or affect other people’s enjoyment or active participation of the tour, you must advise us at the time of booking. No refund will be given for any unused services.
- CLCT will use its best endeavors to operate all tours as advertised. However, it reserves the right to change any of the facilities, services, prices or itineraries described in our brochure/website. If a major change is necessary or deemed advisable, CLCT will advise the client as soon as reasonably possible, if there is no time before departure. A major change does not apply to a change of transport or named accommodation, but is usually considered a major change in itinerary or change in duration of a client’s holiday. If advised of a major change before departure, the client will have the choice of accepting changes (at additional cost if applicable), purchasing another available tour from CLCT, or cancelling the tour with a full refund.
Provided that the major change is not as a result of situations outside CLCT’s control or consolidation, compensation will be paid as follows:
Notification Period Given Compensation Per Person
More than 30 days None
14-30 days $50
Less than 14 days $75
- Force Majeure. We regret we cannot accept liability or give an entire refund where the performance or prompt performance of our contractual obligations is prevented or affected by reasons of circumstance amounting to “force majeure”. In these conditions “force majeure” means any event which we the supplier of services in question could not, even with all due care, foresee or avoid. Such events include war or threat of war, riot, civil strife, industrial dispute, terrorist activity, natural or nuclear disaster, fire or adverse weather conditions, epidemics or health risks and all similar events outside our control. If possible, a 95% refund will be given, with the remaining 5% a credit for future tours.
- CLCT reserves the right to cancel a tour in any circumstances but will not cancel a tour less than 4 weeks before departure except for “force majeure”, consolidation, or the client’s failure to pay the final balance. Unless the client fails to pay the final balance, CLCT, upon cancellation will return all monies paid to it, or offer the client an alternative holiday of comparable standard if available (if less expensive than original we will refund the difference, if more expensive, the client will have to pay the difference).
- Client’s bookings are accepted on the understanding that they appreciate the risks inherent in adventure travel and that they undertake the tours featured in our program at its own volition. Our obligations, and those of any suppliers providing any service or facility involved in any travel arrangements you book with us, are to provide services and facilities with reasonable care and skill. Facilities will be provided to the realistic minimum standard recommended by the regulatory authorities responsible.
- Bike Hire: The equipment including all accessories supplied is let out on hire. The Client undertakes not to misuse the equipment and to return it with all accessories in the same condition as when received (ordinary wear and tear accepted). CLCT shall be entitled to charge the client for any damages caused to equipment during the period of hire. In event of a breakdown, other than a result of the Clients misuse, CLCT will use its best endeavors to repair or procure repair of the equipment. CLCT will not be liable for any damage or loss whatsoever, through breakdown or other defect in the equipment or other circumstances beyond CLCT’s control. The Client shall indemnify CLCT with respect to all costs, claims, expenses and demands suffered or incurred which arise directly or indirectly out of the use of the equipment during the period of hire. CLCT reserves the right to charge the client for partial or full settlement of any claim. In the event of the equipment being stolen or lost, CLCT reserves the right to call upon the client to indemnify CLCT the replacement of the equipment. However, should the equipment subsequently be returned in a satisfactory condition, CLCT undertakes to refund the clients indemnity within 14 days. The Client will ensure that the equipment is adequately secured when not in use, will not use the equipment while under the influence of drink or drugs and will immediately notify CLCT in the event of breakdown or loss of equipment.
- Clients bringing its own bikes do so on the proviso that its equipment is in a suitable condition for participation in a tour. Responsibility for maintenance of bicycles brought by clients rests with the client. CLCT will endeavor to accommodate such clients, but cannot guarantee that correct tools and spares will be available, given the wide range of possibilities that exist.
- The responsibility of CLCT is strictly limited. As a tour operator, CLCT organizes, promotes, and sells tour programs consisting of certain travel services, including surface, air, and water transportation, sightseeing excursions, and cruise/barge/hotel accommodations that CLCT purchases or reserves from various suppliers (collectively, “Suppliers”). CLCT does not own or operate any of these Suppliers. The Suppliers providing travel services for CLCT’s tour programs are independent contractors and are not agents or employees of CLCT. As such, CLCT is not responsible for any negligent or willful act or failure to act of any Supplier or of any third party. Some tours include visits to shops and merchants. CLCT is not responsible for any purchases you make during your trip, whether that merchant is part of the scheduled itinerary or not. By utilizing the travel services of the Suppliers, you agree that you will look to such Suppliers for any accident, injury, property damage, or personal loss to you or to those traveling with you, and that neither CLCT nor any representative of CLCT shall be liable. Without limitation, CLCT is not responsible for any injury, loss, or damage to person or property, death, delay, or inconvenience in connection with the provision of, or failure to provide, any goods or services occasioned by or resulting from—but not limited to—acts of God or force majeure, acts of war or civil unrest, insurrection or revolt, strikes or other labor activities, criminal or terrorist activities of any kind, overbooking or downgrading of accommodations, mechanical or other failure of airplanes or other means of transportation or for the failure of any transportation mechanism to arrive or depart on time, sanitation problems, lack of medical care, or for any other cause beyond the direct control of CLCT.
- To the extent that CLCT is involved in booking air, barge and/or cruise transportation for you, CLCT acts as your agent and not as an agent of the air carrier and/or cruise line. For all other purposes, CLCT does not act as an agent for any party whatsoever. CLCT reserves the right to correct promotional or pricing errors at any time, or to increase the program price in the event of cost increases due to changes in airfares, cruise fares, barge fares, currency fluctuations, park fee increases, taxes, or fuel surcharges. CLCT reserves the right to decline to accept or retain any person as a member of any tour or to cancel or alter the tour without notice, in which event your sole remedy shall be a prorated refund for any unused portion of the trip. Hotels and other accommodations are subject to change.
I agree to the terms and conditions as specified.
Please print out this page, sign, and return to CLCT, either by scan/email or original.